Thursday, October 22, 2015

Untitled

By Shi

My street is a living caution sign
Keep focused at all times.
Cause people drop like unwanted dimes. 

Walking around is risking your life
Unless you got steel,
And I aint talking my city,
I'm talking the one that's risky
and you can't be picky

Drug deals left to right,
so that all the kids learn
you either going up or down
aint making no turns.

Make a decision: 
move out or fall.
Victim to the game,
but its not really a game,
its struggle and pain.

Be smart,
some do and get out,
some do it for clout.
Those same people are talking
and running it out.

Can't handle his own
so he points it at the man on the throne.

When you come from nothin'
you try to grind,
and make it to somethin'
But that turns back to nothin' 
when your boys start rushin' 
on the same street you runnin'
turn hot as an oven. 

Its baking now and
you faking now 
like you aint did nothing. 

It gets worse.
in an interview they label you fist.
as you walk in,
I'm really trying to be all in.

But they label me...
a dealer
a stealer
and a family killer.

There is really no option.
this state got me boxed in.

Tattoos on my skin
now i'm a disgrace
in their case.
I can't get hired.

What else is there to do? 
Sit and watch mama struggle
with our family of a few.

I just can't 
Imma hold my ground
cause I'm the man of the house.
So Imma go hard.
Do whatever it takes to make it out. 

My world aint equal
It will never be equal
Evil faces all around.
acting like I'm the evil. 
They judge a book by its cover
looking just like I'm see through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment